CollMot was founded in 2015 by scientists working at the Robotics Laboratory of the Department of Biological Physics at the Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest, as pioneers of autonomous drone swarm technology inspired by nature. As experts in collective robotics, we have developed a system in which our drones think interactively and fly autonomously, constantly communicating and cooperating with each other.
We take pride in having launched a number of world firsts for entertainment applications, from spectacular drone fireworks through aerial laser projections to drone light paintings. Our light shows are a worthy complement to traditional fireworks now, but there is a chance for even replacing this centuries-old art form at events sooner or later.
Not only do we represent a new entertainment genre in event management, which we know from experience has a high-interest technological background, but also a new communication channel that offers a unique opportunity for branding not only at events but also in advertising campaigns.
- Optimized Flocking of Autonomous Drones in Confined Environments (Science Robotics)
- How a Flock of Drones Developed Collective Intelligence (WIRED Magazine)
- Bio-inspired collective behavior of autonomous drone swarms (TEDxNTUA)
- Drone Swarm Generates Smoke Screen for Huge Laser Displays (IEEE Spectrum)
- Amazing Aerial Drone Display Uses Smoke Machines and Laser Projection (Digitaltrends)
- A Self-Organizing Drone Army Dances with Humans (VICE)